- 4 medium Yukon gold or russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 475° F (250° C)
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom each potato so they don’t roll around
- Make about 20 slices across each potato, making sure not to cut all the way through (leave about half an inch uncut)
- Mix the melted butter and oil in a bowl
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and brush with half of the butter and oil mixture and sprinkle with salt
- Bake potatoes for about 30 minutes
- Brush the potatoes with the remaining butter and oil mixture and bake for an additional 45 minutes
- Stop drooling and enjoy!
Want to take it up another notch? Add some chopped parsley and minced garlic into the butter and oil mixture. And how about some grated cheese!? Okay, I need to stop… I’m getting way too excited. Don’t forget to share this delicious treat with your friends!